Time: Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: Ohio Union, Instructional Kitchen
Admission: - RSVP Required
Join OUAB in the Instructional Kitchen at the Ohio Union for a chance to cook a meal of your own under the guidance of the Union's own professional chef, Chef Wolf. Following a cooking demonstration by the chef, students will collaborate with class members to create the menu providing a unique hands-on learning opportunity. In this fun and interactive environment students will enjoy a delicious meal and gain useful culinary skills to show off in their own kitchens. Whether you're are a master chef in your own kitchen or a novice, there is an OUAB in the Kitchen program for you.
Please note that due to safety, children are not permitted to attend this cooking class.
Participants will be selected by OUAB Grad/Prof's all new lottery system for high demand programs. To register for the the lottery, please sign up using the link below. Lottery registration will be available until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, February 8. You may register for yourself and one guest. Those selected to participate in the class will be notified by noon on February 9.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register to attend a cooking class? Students interested in participating should enter into the lottery system above. Students are not guaranteed a position in any class regardless of when they enter into the lottery system.
- What do I wear? All participants must wear close-toed shoes. The classes are extremely interactive and hands-on so dress to cook!
- Do I need to bring anything? Aprons and all needed equipment will be provided. Copies of the recipes used during the class will also be provided.
- Are children allowed in the cooking classes? Due to safety, children under the age of 15 are not permitted to attend OUAB in the Kitchen cooking classes unless explicitly stated in the class description
- Is there a limit to the number of classes that I can take? Due to the demand for instructional kitchen courses, OUAB Grad/Prof has doubled the number of classes offered each semester. In an effort to accommodate as many students as possible, students are limited to two (2) courses per semester.
- When will I find out if I'm in a cooking class? Rosters for the cooking class will be release within a week of the class. If you are awarded a spot in the course but do not attend, your spot may be forfeited due to high demand for the courses.
- I received an email that I'm in the class. Is that it? Yes. Once you receive an email confirming your selection to participate in the class, no further action is required. If you no longer wish to attend or need to cancel your guest, please login to the system to make adjustments. Failure to attend will result in the forfeiture of your spot and possible future participation in the cooking classes.
- What if I did not receive an email confirming my attendance for the event? You must receive an email confirming your participation in order to attend the cooking class. If you did not receive an email, you will unable to participate.
Student Activities- OUAB Grad/Prof
Add to your Outlook calendar
Add to your Google Calendar