Lost and Found
As of February 1, 2019 the university-wide Lost and Found has moved to the 1st Floor of the Ohio Union at the Information Center, and can be accessed during regular building hours.
Lost and Found receives many articles of significant value. All items are tagged and inventoried, and we will make every attempt to return them to the owner. Efforts are aided by labels on the item, student and staff directories, the University Registrar's office and e-mail.
If you have lost an item and want to see if it’s been turned in, stop by the Information Center, email email@example.com or call 614-688-4636 to speak with a staff member.
All items will be kept for 30 days. After that period, all unclaimed articles will be donated to various departments and nonprofit organizations throughout the university.
ITEMS WE WILL ACCEPT
- Credit Cards
- Prescription Glasses
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Clothing of a personal nature
- Swimwear, socks, flip-flops
- Prescription drugs
- Body lotions, make-up, hair brushes, hair clips, hair products
- Contact solutions, ear plugs
- Potential biohazards, such as diabetic kits (contact Environmental Health and Safety at 614-292-1284 to arrange for proper removal and disposal)
There are local contacts in many of the buildings around campus. To find a point of contact for an academic building, visit http://s2f.osu.edu/bc. If you are the person who takes care of lost items in your building, and do not think you are on our "building contact" list, please let us know.
- Ohio Stadium Lost and Found: 614-292-6330
- Schottenstein Center Lost and Found: 614-688-3939
FOUND KEYS, BUCKIDS OR HOSPITAL IDS
- Keys Please turn in any keys to Lost and Found at the Information Center. We will determine if the keys belong to Ohio State and will facilitate returning them to the proper department.
- BuckIDs - Turn BuckIDs in to Lost and Found at the Information Center, or directly to BuckID (third floor of the Ohio Union, room 3040).
- Hospital IDs - Turn hospital IDs in to Hospital Security (614-293-8500) directly or to us, and we will forward them to Hospital Security
LOST OR STOLEN KEYS, BUCKIDS OR HOSPITAL ID
Immediately report the loss or theft to your department and then either the University Police (614-292-2121) or Hospital Security (614-293-8500), as applicable.