Lost and Found
As of February 1, 2019 the university-wide Lost and Found has moved to the 1st Floor of the Ohio Union at the Information Center, and can be accessed during regular building hours.
The Lost and Found receives many articles of significant value. All items are tagged and inventoried, and we will make every attempt to return them to the owner. Efforts are aided by labels on the item, student and staff directories, the University Registrar's office and e-mail.
If you have lost an item and want to see if it’s been turned in, stop by the Information Center, email email@example.com or call 614-688-4636 to speak with a staff member.
All items will be kept for 90 days. After that period, all unclaimed articles will be donated to various departments and nonprofit organizations throughout the university.
ITEMS WE WILL ACCEPT
- Credit Cards
- Prescription Glasses
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Clothing of a personal nature
- Swimwear, socks, flip-flops
- Prescription drugs
- Body lotions, make-up, hair brushes, hair clips, hair products
- Contact solutions, ear plugs
- Potential biohazards, such as diabetic kits (contact Environmental Health and Safety at 614-292-1284 to arrange for proper removal and disposal)
There are local contacts in many of the buildings around campus. To find a point of contact for an academic building, visit http://s2f.osu.edu/bc. If you are the person who takes care of lost items in your building, and do not think you are on our "building contact" list, please let us know.
- Ohio Stadium Lost and Found: 614-292-2646
- Schottenstein Center Lost and Found: 614-688-3939
FOUND KEYS, BUCKIDS OR HOSPITAL IDS
- Keys - Please forward any keys to us. We will determine if the keys belong to Ohio State and will return them to the proper department.
- Residence Hall Keys - Please forward any Res Hall keys to us. We will send them to our Lock Shop which provides a secure, confidential service by determining the exact location and notifying Housing Key Control.
- BuckIDs - Turn BuckIDs in to the Lock and Key Services or Lost and Found. They will be checked for card access on the campus Access Control and Alarm Monitoring System. If the BuckID has access to academic buildings, the card will be deactivated and forwarded to BuckID services at the Ohio Union. For additional information about BuckIDs, please refer to their website at http://buckid.osu.edu/account/lost.asp.
- Wexner Medical Center IDs - Turn Hospital IDs in to the Lock and Key Services or Lost and Found. They will be checked for card access on the campus Access Control and Alarm Monitoring System. If the Hospital ID has access to academic buildings, it will be deactivated and sent to Hospital Security (614-293-8500).
LOST OR STOLEN KEYS, BUCKIDS AND HOSPITAL IDS
- Make an immediate report to your department
- Then contact University Police at 614-292-2121 (if stolen)
- Then contact the Lock and Key Services at 614-292-1415