Lost and Found
University-wide Lost and Found is at the Information Center on the first floor of the Ohio Union, and can be accessed during regular building hours.
Lost and Found receives many articles of significant value. All items are tagged, and every attempt is made to return them to the owner. Efforts are aided by labels on the item, student and staff directories, the University Registrar's office and e-mail.
If you have lost an item and want to see if it has been turned in, email email@example.com or call 614-688-4636 to speak with a staff member.
All items will be kept for 30 days. After that period, all unclaimed articles will be donated to various departments and nonprofit organizations throughout the university.
ITEMS WE WILL ACCEPT
- Credit Cards
- Prescription Glasses
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Clothing of a personal nature
- Swimwear, socks, flip-flops
- Prescription drugs
- Body lotions, make-up, hair brushes, hair clips, hair products
- Contact solutions, ear plugs
- Potential biohazards, such as diabetic kits (contact Environmental Health and Safety at 614-292-1284 to arrange for proper removal and disposal)
If you have left any personal items on a campus bus, please contact the TTM office at 614-292-7433. Office hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You also may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the item and any additional information (bus number, route, date, etc.) that would help locate your item. Items left on buses that are not retrieved immediately will be taken to the Transportation office the day the item was lost. Items will be held for 4 weeks. TTM is not responsible for lost items.
There are local contacts in many of the buildings around campus. To find a point of contact for an academic building, visit http://s2f.osu.edu/bc. If you are the person who takes care of lost items in your building, and do not think you are on our "building contact" list, please let us know.
If you lost an item inside Ohio Stadium, The Schottenstein Center or the Covelli Center, and have already left the facility, please submit a Lost Item Report Online. The Athletic Department will try to match your report up with the items that were found/logged. Reports will be viewed on the next business day (i.e. facility staff are generally not available on the weekend). Found items that have been matched to your lost item report will be mailed/shipped directly to you. Guests are responsible for the mailing/shipping fee.
FOUND KEYS, BUCKIDS OR HOSPITAL IDS
- Keys Please turn in any keys to Lost and Found at the Information Center. We will determine if the keys belong to Ohio State and will facilitate returning them to the proper department.
- BuckIDs - Turn BuckIDs in to Lost and Found at the Information Center, or directly to BuckID (third floor of the Ohio Union, room 3040).
- Hospital IDs - Turn hospital IDs in to Hospital Security (614-293-8500) directly or to us, and we will forward them to Hospital Security
LOST OR STOLEN KEYS, BUCKIDS OR HOSPITAL ID
Immediately report the loss or theft to your department and then either the University Police (614-292-2121) or Hospital Security (614-293-8500), as applicable.