Promotional Space Requests
Beginning February 8, student organizations may request space reservations on-campus for in-person events of 10 or fewer. Events can take place as early as February 12, pending meeting all reservation requirements. Requests for outdoor space, may be made through the Buckeye Event Network website. A limited number of spaces in the Ohio Union and other Student Life facilities may be reserved using the online space request tool. At this time, classroom spaces are not available for events and gatherings.
We greatly appreciate the commitment made by the members of our university community to keep each other as safe as possible, and we are grateful for your understanding should this process need to change. We remain Together As Buckeyes.
The Ohio Union’s promotional spaces include indoor credenza tables on the ground floor of the building and outdoor space on the West Plaza.
External organizations, university departments and student organizations are encouraged to take advantage of these unique opportunities to promote their products, services and events right in the heart of Ohio State’s campus.
Please use the form below to submit a request.
Please contact event services by phone at 614-292-5200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the space request process, student organizations must confirm a risk mitigation plan for the in-person event. Here are considerations for creating a plan for events and gatherings, both before and during your event:
As you plan your event:
- This permission applies to in-person events and gatherings on-campus and off-campus, including tabling activities.
- Adherence to federal, state and local public health requirements and guidance is required.
- Masks are required – indoors and outdoors.
- The university continues to monitor best practices and evidence, including the emerging topic of double masking which has been shown to offer increased levels of protection. We encourage students who will be engaging in more face-to-face activities as a result of the resumption of events/gatherings to wear two masks.
- Your organization must confirm its risk mitigation details as part of the space reservation process, working with event planning staff from the campus venue in question.
- Your organization’s primary advisor must be aware of your plans and provide written approval to the event planning contact from the venue hosting your event or gathering. This approval from your advisor can be given via e-mail in reply to your reservation confirmation.
- Event planners should maintain a roster of the meeting or event that includes names and contact information for at least one month after the event occurs.
- Event planners should design all event activities to include proper social distancing and maintaining 6 feet of separation between attendees.
- Consider modifying or postponing high-touch, hands-on activities.
- At this time vocal or singing rehearsals are not approved to take place in our spaces.
During your event:
- Remind attendees if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, including any respiratory symptoms or are feeling unwell in any way, they should not attend. Attendees will be required to use the university’s Daily Health Reporting app.
- Attendees should practice appropriate hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette (e.g., easy access to restroom facilities with sinks and/or alcohol-based sanitizer, etc.).
- Remind attendees during the meeting of the environment-specific preventative safety measures related to the event and facility (e.g., where the hand washing stations are located, proper social distancing guidelines, etc.).
- Food will not be permitted to be served or consumed at events and gatherings held on campus.
- Facility equipment (tables and chairs) should NOT be moved by the client as it will be spaced in adherence with distancing guidelines.
- Keep venue room doors open and limit high-contact points among attendees. Manage traffic flow in and out of the facility.
- If meeting in an indoor space with a door, close the door when meeting is complete and notify facility staff so that sanitizing can take place.
- All reservations will be limited to up to three hours at this time. Dance space reservations remain limited to 90 minutes, to allow for maximum use by multiple organizations.