Outdoor Space Request
Welcome to the Outdoor Space Request Process (Buckeye Event Network)
The outdoor space request process is intended to help ensure that your event is a safe and successful one. Any questions or comments should be directed to the Reservations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered student organizations can request outdoor space in several areas around campus. For more information about registering as a student organization, visit the Student Activities website.
- Student organizations should use our Space Request Tool. The tool allows users to see real time space availability and submit space requests quickly and easily. For additional help using the Space Request Tool please download our Space Request Tool - Quick Guide.
- When you create a Space Request Tool account for the first time, it takes 3 business days for your account to be approved and set up, in order to submit outdoor space requests. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- If you are a university department or external user, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your proposed event to place an outdoor space request.
Submitting Space Requests: Student organizations can submit requests for outdoor space using the Space Request Tool beginning on the following dates:
- Fall semester: May 15, 9 a.m.
- Spring semester: September 15, 8 a.m.
- Summer term: January 15, 8 a.m.
If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, requests will open the first weekday following the 15th.
Here are some key elements of your outdoor space request to keep in mind:
- Please submit your request at least two weeks in advance to give ample time for your request to be reviewed. If you are planning a large-scale event, we recommend at least 3 weeks’ notice.
- Equipment rental (tables, chairs, etc.) are NOT INCLUDED in outdoor space approval. If approved, you must provide your own equipment or rent from an external company.
- Rain/Indoor locations are not included in the outdoor space process. Please be sure to request indoor space in case of inclement weather through the Ohio Union Space Request or Classroom Space.
- Once the form is submitted, your request will be sent to the Reservations Coordinator to review. If all the necessary information is completed and the outdoor space is available, a TENTATIVE reservation will be booked for your organization. The information from your online request form is then sent to several University Departments (Public Safety Student Life Risk Management, Facility Operations & Design, etc.) for approval, so that you do not have to contact them all directly. If additional information is needed to approve your event, the Reservations Coordinator will contact you. Please keep in mind that the more information you enter regarding your event, the easier and faster it will be to obtain approval from each of the departments.
Please visit our events resources page for additional information and resources for your event planning.