We Also Schedule Classroom Space!
Once academic classes have been scheduled in the system, registered student organizations can request meeting space in limited classroom buildings. For more information about registering as a student organization, visit the Student Activities website.
For Classroom Student Organization Meeting Space
The window for Fall Semester reservations opens August 1. The window for Spring Semester reservations opens December 1. We do not book classroom space for May or Summer terms.
Student organizations are able to reserve classroom space in in Campbell Hall, Lazenby Hall, Hitchcock Hall, Independence Hall and the Enarson Classroom Building. On weekends, only Hitchcock, Independence, and Enarson are available.
You can look up a specific room to find its features by browsing classroom services.
Submit a Reservation Request
The form below allows you to request classroom space via the Ohio Union Events Office. Once submitted, you will receive a copy of your request. You will receive a confirmation of your reservation via email within 3 - 5 business days of submission if the event is able to occur. If not, our staff will be in contact with you to work out alternate arrangements. If you have a particular classroom space you are looking for, please select it in the "Select Classroom Space" drop down menu.
If you want to book space in the Ohio Union, please contact our Event Services Team at email@example.com
If you are a student organization wishing to request outdoor space, please use the Buckeye Event Network
We do not begin booking classroom space for any academic terms until the Office of Scheduling has finished scheduling classes and midterms into the system. Student organizations may request Fall Semester space as of August 1. Student organizations may request Spring Semester space as of December 1. Requests submitted during a window that is not open will not be processed and must be resubmitted when the appropriate window is available.
- On-line requests must be received at least 3 business days before your requested event. It is strongly recommended you place your request at least 14 working days prior to your event to ensure service availability.
- Users receive an email copy of their request immediately after submission. This is not an approval. Approval comes from Ohio Union Event Services, typically within 3 business days. If you do not receive an email copy of your request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests are typically processed 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please see our building hours for days we are closed.
- Reservations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Classroom space reservations are intended for student organization meetings. Special events or programs should be hosted in other University event venues which are listed on the http://planevents.osu.edu/ website.
- Events that utilize outside equipment are not permitted in classroom spaces.
- Classroom reservations are limited to a maximum of 90 minutes, to accommodate the largest number of organizations possible.
- Food service (e.g. catering, potlucks) is not permitted in classroom spaces.
- To inquire about technology capabilities of each classroom space, please visit the Classroom Services page. Any additional technology beyond what is provided in the classroom must be requested by the organization's faculty/staff advisor, by calling 614-292-3131.
As you plan your event, please keep the following policies in mind. Because classrooms’ primary purpose is for classroom use, the policies in place for classrooms may look different from other event spaces on campus. Student organizations who utilize classroom spaces for meetings must adhere to the following policies:
- Food is NOT allowed in classroom spaces. This includes food service from University Catering or an outside caterer, meals, and potlucks.
- Classrooms should be returned the way they were found at the end of each meeting. Under no circumstances should furniture be removed from classrooms. Please remove all trash at the end of your meeting.
- Outside equipment is not permitted in classroom spaces. This includes, but is not limited to, AV equipment (microphones, amplifiers, etc.), tables, chairs, and theatrical sets.
If a group uses a space and notices that a group before them did not adhere to these policies, they should report it to the Classrooms Coordinator at email@example.com within the first 15 minutes of their scheduling meeting time. Please provide photos of any aspect of the space or equipment in the space was damaged.
In the event that a student organization violates one or more of these policies, they will receive a written warning via email.
If that organization is found in violation of that policy or a different policy a second time, their reservations for the rest of the semester will be cancelled and they will be in a one-strike probation period the following semester.
If you are a student organization wishing to schedule outdoor space such as Browning Amphitheatre, the Main Oval, the South Oval or Wexner Plaza, you must use the BEN (Buckeye Event Network) form at: www.ben.osu.edu. BEN requests take approximately two weeks to process, please plan accordingly. If you are not a student group and need outdoor space,contact the Office of Scheduling or use their online Office of Scheduling request form. Please review the Outdoor Rules before submitting an outdoor event request.
FALL 2018 CLASSROOM REQUESTS WILL BE AVAILABLE STARTING AT 8 a.m. on 8/1/2018.