As of Thursday, November 12, all in-person gatherings, events and tabling activities, even those of 10 people or fewer, will once again be prohibited. This limitation applies both to on-campus and off-campus events and gatherings of any kind. The restriction will be in place at least through the end of the calendar year, and we will provide more information as it becomes available regarding the potential to resume in-person programs in the spring semester.
We greatly appreciate the commitment made by the members of our university community to keep each other as safe as possible, and we are grateful for your understanding about this decision. We remain Together As Buckeyes.
The Ohio Union offers students, university users and external clients the opportunity to book a variety of spaces for meetings, events and more.
Our professional event services team will work with you every step of the way to ensure your event is a success. Please contact event services by phone at 614-292-5200 if you have any questions about space requests or event planning.
As part of the space request process, student organizations must confirm a risk mitigation plan for the in-person event. Here are considerations for creating a plan for events and gatherings:
- Remind attendees if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, including any respiratory symptoms or are feeling unwell in any way, they should not attend. Attendees will be required to use the university’s Daily Health Reporting app.
- Masks are required – indoors and outdoors.
- Attendees should practice appropriate hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette (e.g., easy access to restroom facilities with sinks and/or alcohol-based sanitizer, etc.).
- Remind attendees during the meeting of the environment-specific preventative safety measures related to the event and facility (e.g., where the hand washing stations are located, proper social distancing guidelines, etc.).
- All attendees should adhere to face covering guidance. Event planners should prepare to provide face coverings for those who do not bring their own.
- Event planners should maintain a roster of the meeting or event that includes names and contact information for at least one month after the event occurs.
- Event planners should design all event activities to include proper social distancing and maintaining 6 feet of separation between attendees.
- Facility equipment (tables and chairs) should NOT be moved by the client as it will be spaced in adherence with distancing guidelines.
- Position venue room doors open and limit high-contact points among attendees. Manage traffic flow in and out of the facility.
- If meeting in an indoor space with a door, close the door when meeting is complete and notify facility staff so that sanitizing can take place.
- Consider modifying or postponing high-touch, hands-on activities.
- When food must be provided, use individually wrapped items like bag lunches, individual water bottles, etc. Do not serve food where multiple hands will touch the food or serving utensils (e.g., buffet style, fruit platters, etc.).
Request a Space Today
If you are ready to request a space for your event at the Ohio Union, please use one of the following methods to do so.
PREFERRED METHOD: Online:
Student organizations and university users should use our Space Request Tool. The tool allows users to see real time space availability and submit space requests quickly and easily. Please note that our virtual scheduling tool does not allow users to book the Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom, US Bank Conference Theater, or the Performance Hall/Potter Plaza. To submit requests for these spaces, please contact our event services team. For additional help using the Space Request Tool please download our Space Request Tool - Quick Guide.
Non-University clients can use the Non-University Client Event and Space Request form to submit a request when the date/time/location of the request are known.
By Phone: Any user can check space availability by calling our Event Reservations team at 614-292-5200.
In Person: Any user can check space availability by visiting the Ohio Union Administrative Office located in the southeast corner on the second floor of the Ohio Union, Room 2008. The Office is staffed Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*Note: The Administrative Office will be closed to in-person visitors from November 23 - January 10. Please reach us via email or phone as needed.*
Learn more about available spaces and how to request them.
Student Organization Recurring Meeting Space
Given the university’s continued efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are delaying the start of the fall semester reservation process for student organizations until we have more information about when the union may be able to reopen. If your organization still needs to complete the 2020-2021 agreement, you can still take care of that now.
Our request dates are currently in flux due to the ongoing pandemic, and will be updated as we have more information.
Student organizations can typically submit requests for recurring meeting space using our virtual scheduling tool beginning on the following dates:
- Fall semester: May 15, 8 a.m.
- Spring semester: September 15, 8 a.m.
- Summer term: January 15, 8 a.m.
If the date falls on a weekend or holiday, requests will open the first weekday following the 15th.Please note that recurring meeting space requests can be submitted online only using our Space Request Tool. Requests can be submitted only by students listed on their organization’s roster. The student organization must have submitted their Space Use Agreement at least two weeks prior to the opening date for submissions (see above).
During the academic year, registered student organizations can request meeting spaces in select classroom buildings including Campbell Hall, Lazenby Hall, Hitchcock Hall, Independence Hall and Enarson Classroom Building. Learn more.
Registered student organizations can reserve outdoor space on Ohio State’s campus using the Buckeye Event Network (BEN). Learn more at ben.osu.edu.
External organizations, university users and registered student organizations can request promotional space in the form of credenza tables located on the First Floor of the building or outside on the West Plaza. Learn more.
Share Your Feedback
The Ohio Union’s event services team welcomes your feedback, whether you recently hosted a meeting or event, or attended as a guest. Please use the applicable link below to fill out a brief survey.