This award is reserved for a group of 6-8 outstanding individuals and groups who are dedicated to Student Life’s Ohio Union and/or The Ohio State University. Individual awards are open to current students, faculty, staff and alumni; group awards are open to alumni groups, academic departments and student organizations.
Individual award winners will receive the following:
- A sandwich on the Sloopy’s Diner menu will be named after the award winner for one year.* Example: The Joe Buckeye Grilled Cheese
- Winner’s photo will appear on revolving basis on the Buckeyes of Distinction Wall in the Ohio Union.
- Their sandwich each semester (AU/SP) for themselves and a guest in Sloopy’s Diner at the Ohio Union. (approx value: $60)
- Invitation for award winner and up to 2 guests to the Sandwich Club Unveiling event where the sandwiches and names will be revealed.**
Group award winners will receive the following:
- A menu item on the Sloopy’s Diner menu will be named after award winner for one year.* Example: The Joe Buckeye French Toast
- Group Photo will appear on revolving basis on the Buckeyes of Distinction Wall in the Ohio Union.
- Their menu item each semester (AU/SP) for four in Sloopy’s Diner at the Ohio Union. (approx. value: $120)
- Invitation for up to 4 guests to the Sandwich Club Unveiling event where the sandwiches and names will be revealed.**
Application Eligibility Requirements:
- All Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni are eligible to apply (or be nominated) to be a member of the Sloopy’s Diner Sandwich Club.
- All student recipients must be in good academic standing with the university and have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- All student recipients must not be on disciplinary probation with the university at the time of application, selection and recognition.
- Individuals may not receive the honor in successive years at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Any student, faculty, staff or alumni may submit/receive nominations for awards.
- Nominations will also be accepted for alumni groups, academic departments and student organizations.
- All applications and nominations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 12th at midnight. No late applications will be accepted. Applications and nominations will be reviewed by a committee of staff, alumni and current student leaders. The Sandwich Club Unveiling Ceremony will be held on April 18, 2017 for award winners and invited guests. Please email Jody Poth at email@example.com or call 614-247-8049 at with any questions about the nomination process.
A Completed Application Will Include:
- The applicant or group contact information.
- Complete responses to each question or prompt listed on the following page.
*Sandwich Club Award Winners will be featured in the menu starting June 2017. Sandwiches/menu subject to change during award year.
**Award winners will NOT be able to request which sandwich for which they are applying. The sandwiches will be randomly assigned; however, dietary restrictions will be considered but not guaranteed.
Please click here to download the application: 2017 Sloopy's Diner Sandwich Club Application
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review your application thoroughly before submitting it. The first submission will be the one that is accepted. Please print a copy of your award submission for your records. Please email email@example.com or call 614-247-8049. Good luck!
We look forward to reading your application. Congratulations to our 2016 Sloopy's Sandwich Club winners!
Cathy Blackford - Turkey Club
Vick Chhabria - Turkey Burger
Tom Davis - B.L.T.
Joe Ingram III - Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich
Nathan Macmaster - Big Fish Sandwich
Learry Miller - Hamburger
Ashley Sinram - Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Evelyn Walker - Classic Reuben
Kappa Alpha Theta - Grilled Cheese
Ohio State’s Office of Transportation & Traffic Management - Fried Chicken Breast Sandwich
Please click here to see a list of past recipients: Sloopy's Diner Sandwich Club Past Recipients