The 7th Annual Sloopy’s Diner Sandwich Club application
is now available. The Ohio State University has recognized hundreds of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who give of their time, talent and energy to better our community throughout the years. It is our honor to celebrate the people who strive to make a difference on our campus. The 7th Annual Sandwich Club Awards will honor those that embody the spirit of the Ohio Union and truly know what it is to be a Buckeye!
Sloopy’s Diner at the Ohio Union Sandwich Club Award is reserved for a group of 6-8 outstanding individuals and 3 groups who are dedicated to the Ohio Union and The Ohio State University. Individual awards are open to current students, faculty, staff, and alumni; group awards are open to alumni groups, academic departments, and student organizations.
Individual award winners will receive the following:
- A sandwich on the Sloopy’s Diner menu will be named after the award winner for one year.* Example: The Joe Buckeye Grilled Cheese
- Winner’s Picture will appear on revolving basis on the Buckeyes of Distinction Wall in the Ohio Union.
- Their sandwich each semester (AU/SP) for themselves and a guest in Sloopy’s Diner at the Ohio Union. (approx value: $60)
- Invitation for award winner and up to 2 guests to the Sandwich Club Unveiling event where the sandwiches and names will be revealed.**
Group award winners will receive the following:
- A menu item on the Sloopy’s Diner menu will be named after award winner for one year.* Example: The Joe Buckeye French Toast
- Group Photo will appear on revolving basis on the Buckeyes of Distinction Wall in the Ohio Union.
- Their menu item each semester (AU/SP) for four in Sloopy’s Diner at the Ohio Union. (approx value: $120)
- Invitation for up to 4 guests to the Sandwich Club Unveiling event where the sandwiches and names will be revealed.**
*Sandwich Club Award Winners will be featured in the menu starting June 2016. Sandwiches/Menu subject to change during award year.
**Award winners will NOT be able to request which sandwich for which they are applying. The sandwiches will be randomly assigned; however, dietary restrictions will be considered but not guaranteed.
Individuals may apply to be one of the award winners and nominations will be accepted as well for both individuals and groups. All applications and nominations must be submitted online by Sunday, February 28th at midnight
. No late applications will be accepted. Applications and nominations will be reviewed by a committee of staff, alumni and current student leaders. The Sandwich Club Unveiling Ceremony will be on April 19, 2016
. Please email Molly Peirano at email@example.com or call 614-292-0740 with any questions about this process.
Application Eligibility Requirements:
- All Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni are eligible to apply (or be nominated) to be a member of the Sloopy’s Diner Sandwich Club.
- All student recipients must be in good academic standing with the university and have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- All student recipients must not be on disciplinary probation with the university at the time of application, selection, and recognition.
- Individuals may not receive the honor in successive years at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Any student, faculty, staff, or alumni may submit/receive nominations for awards.
- Nominations will also be accepted for alumni groups, academic departments and student organizations.
A Completed Application Will Include:
- The applicant or group contact information.
- Complete responses to each question or prompt listed below.
All applications will be submitted online by clicking here
. Please review your application thoroughly before submitting it. The first submission will be the one that is accepted.
Please print a copy of your award submission for your records. Please email Molly Peirano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with any questions or problems. Good luck!
We look forward to reading your application. Congratulations to our 2014 Sloopy's Sandwich Club winners!
Dr. Javaune Adams-Gaston - "The Dr. J"
Dr. Herb Asher - "Classic Reuben"
Sophia Ciminello and Mackenzie Hogan - "Classic Grilled Cheese"
DaVonti' Haynes - "the B.L.T."
Linda Meeks - "Turkey Club"
Brett Scarbrough - "Big Fish Sandwich"
Chris Schumacher - "Turkey Burger"
Buck-I-SERV - "American Classic"
Buck That! - "Buttermilk Pancakes"
Student Life's Counseling and Consultation Service - "Fresh Berry Parfait"